- Our Testing Cycle runs 8 to 9 weeks depending on Tournaments, time of year, and other scheduling issues.
- All students need 3 Black ( plus colored leadership stripes for the Karate Kids / Tiger Program ) and 15 classes to ensure that they have sufficient knowledge of their material.
- Black belts are on a longer schedule as they Mid term every 6 months depending on when they achieved rank. Time in rank for Black belts is equal to their rank (1st degree = 1 yr / 3rd degree=3 yrs). Time in rank for proficiency is set by the American Taekwondo Association and we adhere to their policies.
- Tigers do their testing at 9:00 am on their respective testing days including those of sparring ranks. Belts are awarded immediately after to students who have passed their test requirements.
- Karate Kids, Teens and Adults test at 10:30 am (subject to change due to Tiger Test size) and is usually done by noon. Belts are awarded immediately after to those students who have passed their test requirements.
- All students must pass their test requirements with a passing score of 240, cumulative for form, 1 steps, boards, weapons, sparring, and attitude!
- All students must earn their rank or it has no meaning. This is just one of the life skills for becoming a Black Belt. Remember if you don’t succeed the first time that too is a lesson.
April 28th, 2018
June 23rd, 2018